Botswana, Africa

     This was the first of our many trips to Africa, the beginning of our great love affair with this magnificent continent! I don't recall much as I was just a child then, but I can still feel screaming laughter and awe, the prickling African heat against the nape of my neck, and the mad adrenaline rush at the sight of all the game! 
    Above all, the thirst of adventure, especially when we were caught in the middle of the worst storm Africa had experienced in a decade. While the locals were frantically praying, cowering under the wrath of their gods, we watched the trees cave into our thatched hut, and the crocodile infested waters, rise. We escaped to the hotel reception, and watched the lightning strike the night sky, wondering if morning would ever come. Thankfully it did, and this is why I remember it, stored like crystal clear in the memories of my childhood. Some experiences are hard to forget. 

















































Comments

Popular Posts